Weight Watchers Apple Cake
Filled with autumn spices and topped with a delicate layer of fruit, this Weight Watchers apple cake is a tasty treat, no matter your calorie budget.
- 1-2 apples cut into thin wedges
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Turbinado or brown sugar for topping
Grease an 8-inch round cake pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream together the applesauce, avocado oil, vanilla bean paste, and sugar. Mix in eggs, one at a time.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Slowly pour this into your applesauce mixture and stir to combine.
Pour batter into your prepared cake pan. Layer the top of your cake with concentric circles of apples. Sprinkle the apples with a dusting of raw sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-45 minutes. Test with a toothpick.
Allow to cool before slicing and serving.
Nutrition facts per slice:
- 6 SmartPoints
- 45 calories, 2.5g of fat, 0.6g of saturated fat, 28.3g of carbohydrates, 15.1g of sugar, and 3.2g of protein.